The Christmas season is here. Everyone in the neighborhood has been busy decking their home and yards with decor and lights. Consider decorating your yard and making your property shine without being tacky about it this 2022 season.
Not to worry, Lawns and Palms Inc, of Florida will help you make the perfect Christmas landscape. This article will give you some valuable tips on decorating your yard and incorporating your landscaping into your Christmas festivities.
The Essential Elements of Christmas Landscaping
Everyone knows that outdoor lighting and some inflatables are the tried and tested items for yard decors during the holidays. But, depending on your landscape design and personal preferences, you might need something else. Here are some decorating essentials that you may consider instead:
- Evergreens – An evergreen tree is a classic Christmas icon. It’s a great item that you can either use to tie up the entire theme or use it as the main focus of your decorations. If you haven’t incorporated one at the beginning, you can use big pots to plant the trees. You can also use galvanized tubs as planters for your evergreens.
- Wreaths and Pinecones – Wreaths and pinecones are another staple of outdoor Christmas decorating. They are versatile and perfect if you are going for a rustic look. And there are various ways to use or make wreaths – like how about making a square one?
- Oversized Ornaments – One trend that has emerged over the years is using large ornaments as part of Christmas decorations. You have many options – from spray-painted old tires, pails, light globes, cape pans, and even children’s kick balls.
- Lighting – There are various types of lighting that you can use for your landscaping. However, it is advisable to keep outdoor lighting subtle as it looks more professional and will not overwhelm your overall design.
- Everyday Items – Try to look around your house. Sometimes, you can get the best decorations for everyday items or things you no longer use. If you have a theme, look for items that will fit and add a little fake snow or some lights to make it pop.
Tips on Making A Perfect Christmas Landscape
Decorating your yard or incorporating a Christmas theme into your landscaping doesn’t have to be dull. There are various ways to make your front or back yards appealing without overdoing it.
- Use symmetry. Just the simple use of balance can bring any corner of your landscaping to life. For example, you can use symmetrical urns or pots and fill them with holiday shrubs. These will look great when arranged along an entryway or path. Plants like bright red winterberry will give you that maximum holiday effect and will let people know that it’s part of your Christmas decorations.
- Choose traditional Christmas plants. Sometimes, good Christmas landscaping starts by planting bushes and plants that are common during the holidays, such as holly bushes, dwarf Alberta spruces, and evergreen branches that can be turned into homemade wreaths. Holly bushes are known for their green foliage and bright red berries. Meanwhile, Dwarf Alberta spruces are little trees that make great for Christmas-tree shape plants in pots or planters.
- Make use of the lamp posts. If you have lamp posts in your yard, you can use them as outstanding elements of your holiday decoration. Depending on their design, these posts can be a great décor. They are also a great place to hang holly wreaths and other decor.
- Hire a professional to take care of your landscape. You can hire a landscape designer or maintenance group with professional experience creating great Christmas landscaping.