Whether it’s an apartment complex or a subdivision, landscaping plays a significant role in curb appeal. As everybody loves coming to places with shade trees, green lawns, and beds of pretty flowers, people will appreciate an apartment or condominium complex with well-taken care of and maintained. Well-tended landscaping tells people that the property managers are responsible and care about the grounds and the residents.
If you are a property manager and want to increase occupancy rates, then one of the things that you must pay attention to is the landscaping of the property. You must understand the several factors to consider when improving your property’s curb appeal.
An entrance must be appealing, inviting, and at the same time, safe. You can soften the imposing effect of a multi-story building with trees and shrubs. They offer shade and help buffer noise in the vicinity. Consider adding large containers of flowerbeds and flowering shrubs. Not only are the flowers adding beauty and color, but the containers would also add a welcoming sight at the doorways.
Creating and maintaining attractive landscaping and lawn care in condo and apartment complexes is essential for keeping residents happy and enhancing the overall appeal of the property. Here are some tips to achieve this:
- Well-Kept Lawns: Regularly mow, edge, and fertilize the lawns to ensure they look lush and manicured.
- Seasonal Planting: Add seasonal flowers and plants to the landscape for year-round visual interest and color.
- Tree and Shrub Maintenance: Prune and trim trees and shrubs to maintain their health, appearance, and safety.
- Amenity Spaces: Design outdoor amenity spaces with well-maintained seating, lighting, and recreational areas to encourage residents to spend time outdoors.
- Sustainable Landscaping: Use drought-resistant and native plants to conserve water and reduce maintenance requirements.
- Pathways and Walkways: Keep pathways and walkways clear, safe, and well-lit, and consider incorporating decorative elements.
- Regular Clean-Up: Schedule regular clean-up of debris, leaves, and litter to maintain a clean and tidy appearance.
- Pest Control: Implement pest control measures to prevent damage to plants and turf.
- Professional Landscaping Services: Consider hiring professional landscaping services for expert care and design.
- Resident Feedback: Solicit feedback from residents on their landscaping preferences and areas that may need attention.
- Community Gardens: Create community garden areas where residents can participate in gardening activities.
- Dog-Friendly Spaces: If pets are allowed, provide designated areas for dogs with waste disposal stations.
- Aesthetic Elements: Incorporate aesthetic elements like fountains, sculptures, or art installations for added visual appeal.
- Environmental Initiatives: Promote eco-friendly practices like composting, recycling, and sustainable landscaping.
- Outdoor Events: Host outdoor events and activities to encourage community engagement and appreciation of the landscaping.
- Security Lighting: Ensure that all outdoor areas are well-lit to enhance security and resident safety.
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the property to identify maintenance needs and address them promptly.
- Accessibility: Ensure that the landscaping is accessible for residents with disabilities in compliance with local regulations.
- Cost-Efficient Practices: Implement cost-efficient landscaping practices to keep maintenance expenses in check.
- Sustainable Landscaping: Use environmentally-friendly landscaping practices and materials, such as rain gardens or permeable surfaces.
By focusing on landscaping and lawn care that enhances the aesthetics, functionality, and sustainability of condo and apartment complexes, you can create a desirable living environment that keeps residents happy and attracts potential tenants. It contributes to a sense of community and well-being, making your property a great place to call home.
Beautiful Landscaping Makes Residents Proud
Aside from the appeal, there are many benefits to well-designed landscaping. Nature has always been beautiful, so everyone will be impressed by your community if there are trees, beautiful flowers, and artistic structures around it. And if you’re a resident of a condominium or apartment complex with beautiful landscaping, you’ll always be proud to show other people where you live.
Besides, having landscaped gardens around the neighborhood will also have significant natural benefits. Trees and plants help minimize temperature, especially in a concrete jungle. You get to enjoy a fresh breeze and fresh oxygen supply. You can even integrate vegetable farming which the entire community can get some kitchen ingredients.
Landscaping is not only about plants and trees. You can also add a play and outdoor relaxation area. It would be great to invite friends over without worrying about where to entertain them. The kids can have a great time playing while the adults can catch up in a chilling outdoor space.
Mowed Grass Makes Dog Walking Easier
Dog owners know that walking the pets outside is an essential aspect of dog-rearing. It’s more than just taking your fur friend out for potty breaks. Walking and playing outside is suitable for their health. Dog walking is also an exercise that provides mental stimulation and a chance to socialize.
Compared to the pavement, walking the dog on mowed grass is the best option as it’s far better for their shoeless paws. Also, you are saving your dog’s paws from the harsh temperature and the hardness of pavements which often reach far north of 100 degrees in our hot Florida summers. Mowed grass is cooler and easier for dogs to walk on even during the hottest part of the day. And since the grass is cut, dog owners will be sure that there are no hidden items that could hurt the pets, such as thorns, bugs, or debris, nor other, more squishy surprises that may leave your resident wishing they lived in at more well-kept complex.
Hire a Professional Landscape Maintenance Company
Whether it’s keeping your current landscaping in shape or transforming the drab look of your apartment’s vicinity, hiring a professional landscaper is a must. Getting an expert in the field will guarantee that you get only quality work and realistic insight into your planned project.
However, it is also necessary to be meticulous when choosing a landscaping company or contractor to hire. You need to be strategic by understanding what type of landscaper you need, what options are available in the area, and what kind of questions you need to ask. Make sure to do your research and do comparison shopping before deciding on which contractor to get.
Set Regular Schedule
Keeping your landscaping in great shape not only requires professional consultation. You also need to set a regular schedule for maintenance. It’s a must to follow a set schedule that lays out appropriate maintenance activities according to the time of the year. You should check for potential turf problems, pests, weeds, and more on a regular basis, or hire a company capable of performing these tasks for you, such as Lawns & Palms, Inc.
If you live in warm-season areas such as Florida, make sure to grow appropriate trees, plants, and grass. Warm-season grass types that you can use for your lawn include Bermuda, Buffalograss, Bahiagrass, Blend, Centipedegrass, Carpetgrass, Zoysiagrass, and St. Augustine grass.
Seeding, soil testing, mowing, pruning, applying pesticides are things you need to schedule with your contractor. Taking care of seasonal flowers and plants, leaf removal, and pressure washing services should also be considered. Getting these things planned will also help prepare the tenants and residents to avoid inconvenience.
A property with beautiful gardens and properly maintained landscaping will always attract many buyers. Thus, increasing the property’s value. Good landscaping is also a step in helping build homes with an eco-friendly touch. And these things are sure to keep residents happy.